Bella!

Bella!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

State of the Union


 
 
According to Bella ~

                EqualityEating Inequality I mean…where is the equality in our meal distribution?  How come it is that you who have thumbs get to eat 3 times a day and snack whenever you want and I, the thumb less, only get two meals, carefully measured?  I propose equal treatment…what about my middle of the day?  Let’s have a fair and balanced meal plan for all – DOGS!!

                Immigration – From my perspective, I don’t understand what the fuss is about.   We all must have come here from somewhere.   Ridgebacks are from Africa, a very long way from the Midwest.  How I see it, we are all immigrates.   I believe that the real focus should be on adopting shelter & rescue dogs, somehow they have become the forgotten few, waiting for someone, anyone,  to give them a chance.   I propose that everyone adopts from a shelter or rescue at least once in a lifetime.  Bring dogs (and ok, maybe cats too!)  into good homes.   All they truly want is a better life, and no they might not have been born where they are now, but given a chance in a new home (or country) they might just add so much to all our lives. 

                Health care - OK, I am only a DOG, I know, remember, no thumbs, that means no lunch or snacks all day long…. (see eating inequality above)…but this really can’t be that difficult.  When I don’t feel good, and yes, sometimes even when I feel fine, my mom takes me to see Dr. A to make sure that I am well taken care of.   Everyone, (and yes, I do mean cats too) should be able to see a doctor to make them feel better and to make sure they are going to stay feeling good.  I love going to Dr. A’s office…she always gives me treats, all the people who work there make me feel so special -  I know that they love me and want the best for me.  My mom says that I am so important and taking me to see Dr. A is part of what she does to keep me happy and healthy.     My mom is really big on health, and she said it is her responsibility to take care of me and it is my right to have access to good healthcare.  Seems pretty fair to me.

I know I should probably mention Foreign Policy – but I am really having a difficult time right now making amends with that….. SQUIRREL - no positive mojo thawing this icy relationship.   Maybe we will try again in the spring.

There you go....the State of the Union from the Ridge.....peace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment